Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Announcing a Change on Comments Policy (Experimental)

Well, I'm coming up on two weeks, the blog is starting to attract readers and some enthusiasm, I'm enjoying myself and thinking I may stay with this, and my announced policies on comments seem to have intimidated nearly everyone. (A majority of the existing "comments" are by me, and even I am thinking twice about submitting...)

On the advice of some fellow bloggers/mentors, I've made some technical changes facilitating comments and, on an experimental basis, am loosening up my prior criteria for posting. I'm staying with a moderated system, and I still (vastly) prefer signed to anonymous comments. Nonetheless, I will now consider posts with screen-names only, in the interest of trying to promote some discussion.

Of course, I reserve the right to make further changes, in either direction, as I gain more experience and see how the discussion goes. It is still very much my hope that comments will be well-considered, reasonably literate, and civil in tone. (I may make allowances for certain colleagues.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If a man preaches an amazing sermon in a forest, and dismisses honest criticism of it because he personally rejects critics as lessers ...