Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Althouse: I love this new moderation!

Althouse: I love this new moderation!: "Saturday, December 30, 2006"

Some advice on posting to moderated lists by the divine Ms. A (from an old post on her site, not specific to me):
And here's some advice for avoiding having your comments rejected. Don't use bad language. (I don't mind it myself, but I'm worried about filters.) Don't be abusive. (I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, but if you just want to call me a moron, get your own blog. You can whine about censorship over there too.) Don't try to make the thread be all about you. Don't cut and paste long quotes. And don't bring up subjects that are completely unrelated to the post, unless it's funny or cool or aptly analogous or something else that I happen to appreciate.

And, while this is probably obvious by now, follow what I say, not what I do--TWB.

No comments: