Friday, August 17, 2007

He's back

I was away for about a week at the National Havurah Committee Summer Institute in New Hampshire, studying the Dead Sea Scrolls with a Catholic scholar from the Vatican, changing patterns of and approaches to Jewish mysticism and kabbalah with a longtime friend probably not best described as a Reform rabbi, and teaching a series of workshops on the Conservative responsa and proposed takannot on gay and lesbian issues--as well as filling my near-depleted spiritual tank to overflowing. Imbibing wisdom--and comradeship-- proved easier in the absence of a computer.

I'll be returning to teaching this fall, and coping with a number of other demands on my time and energies. I suspect my blogging will take a big hit, perhaps to re-emerge in a somewhat different form or format, probably with fewer entries and reduced effort to keep up with so many different topics of interest. We'll see how it goes. Meanwhile, I've just posted a number of items that attracted my attention over the past week or so.

No comments: