Saturday, July 21, 2007

Schoolgirl loses ‘virginity ring’ fight

MSNBC.com: Reuters
LONDON - A teenager whose teachers had stopped her wearing a “purity ring” at school to symbolize her commitment to virginity has lost a High Court fight against the ban.

Lydia Playfoot, 16, says her silver ring is an expression of her faith and had argued in court that it should be exempt from school regulations banning the wearing of jewelry.

“I am very disappointed by the decision this morning by the High Court not to allow me to wear my purity ring to school as an expression of my Christian faith not to have sex outside marriage,” Playfoot said in a statement Monday.


I'm not too sure "virginity rings" work as a primary means of birth control either.
I kind of wonder if teenage boys consider them a come on, or a special challenge.
Not that they should.
Do boys wear them?

Playfoot’s parents are key members of the British arm of the American chastity campaign group the Silver Ring Thing, a religious group which urges abstinence among young people.

That helps. This had to be American, somehow.

No comments: