Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ex-Security Adviser Gives Up Law License

From washingtonpost.com:
WASHINGTON -- Sandy Berger, who served as national security adviser during the Clinton administration, has given up his license to practice law in the District of Columbia, two years after admitting he illegally sneaked classified documents out of the National Archives.

Berger, now an international business consultant, said in a statement last month that he 'decided to voluntarily relinquish my license' as a result of pleading guilty to unauthorized removal and retention of classified material, a misdemeanor.

"While I derived great satisfaction from years of practicing law, I have not done so for 15 years and do not envision returning to the profession," Berger said. He added: "I am very sorry for what I did, and deeply apologize."

No comments: